Certificate level in Medical Laboratory Technology Program is a three-year academic program in clinical laboratory medicine that aims at preparing qualified and skilled lab technicians. After the successful completion of the course, an individual will become an eligible for registration in Nepal Health Professional Council (NHPC) in Grade B category. After registration they are eligible to work in different health institutions and clinical laboratories following the Code of Conduct provided by the NHPC and National Public Health Laboratories. This course is also taken as entry point for the graduate level academic course. In this profession, they can further pursue their academic careers for Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT) and can also study Bachelor in Public Health (BPH).Students are also eligible for MBBS entrance examination after completion of six moths equivalent course conducted by HSEB.
The three-year course provides opportunity to learn about all the subjects of basic sciences and other general subjects that are included in 10+2 Science which are Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Anatomy and Physiology, Mathematics Statistics and Computer Application, English, Nepali and Social Studies. Further they also study different specialized subjects as included in the curriculum are Microbiology and immunology, Hematology, Clinical Biochemistry, Medical Parasitology, clinical pathology & Basic Public Health & First Aid. During the course period students will also be posted at different hospitals for clinical practicum.. An individual who has passed the SLC or SEE examination with compulsory Mathematics, English and Science is eligible to appear in the entrance examination that is conducted by CTEVT. After being sucesfull in the entrance examination they will get admission based on the merit list.
Total No. of Student are taken for each Academic session = 30
- Own hospital 'Green city Hospital'
- Well equipped laboratory facilities for practical exercises.
- Competent faculties to conduct various specialized courses.
- Computer library with internet facilities..
- Well-furnished library with adequate text books, reference books, Journals and learning materials
- Own buildings with adequate physical facilities and teaching learning materials.
- Girls Hostel with adequate physical facilities
- Easy access to public transportation.
- Individual care and counseling service.
- Outstanding Results